Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gold Glitter Art



I love simple projects that provide instant gratification. This is one of those. This took about an hour from beginning to end, but now I have a fun piece of artwork for my bathroom.

I started with a primed wooden cradle board. These were on sale at Michaels for 50% off. 



Using my favorite gold spray paint, I gave the board a couple of coats.



This is the same spray paint I used here and here. It's quickly turning out to be one of my favorite crafting tools. 


Using my Silhouette, I selected a design and applied the vinyl securely to the dried board. 


A little Mod Podge...


...plus a healthy dose of glitter, and I was done! 


Ready for its new place on the bathroom counter. 






As for the other boards, they made great drawer organizers. (: 



...


SHARE:

3 comments

Aisha Johnson - SewCouture said...

What a really cute idea...thanks for sharing!

Truthfully Yours, Dahlia said...

I love this DIY definitely making this for my bedroom!

Jeanelle said...

So cool! Makes me want to get a silhouette! I would love to see any of your wedding DIYs, I'm getting married this year too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig