Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chalk Letters and Canvas

A couple of weeks ago I shared my Anthropologie knock-off zinc letters. After making and loving them, I decided to try another variation: chalkboard letters!  



This year I'm teaching writing and social studies, so "WRITE" was the perfect word to display in my classroom.


It's the perfect topper for my writing binder shelf! 


Here's what I started with. These are from Hobby Lobby for a couple of dollars each. 


You'll also need some chalkboard paint. Here is what I used. 


Start with two generous coats of chalkboard paint on each letter. 


The paint bottle gives instructions to prime your chalkboard. With a the chalk flat against the letter, rub the chalk until your letter is covered. 


This is what brings your chalkboard letters to life. I made sure to be heavy on the edges and corners. 


Wipe away the excess with a soft cloth. 


See the difference? 


Fast and easy. 





With the leftover paint, I decided to create a chalkboard canvas. 








Now I have a fun piece of art to hang on my wall! 

...


SHARE:

5 comments

Elizabete said...

Chalk letters - amazing idea. And it's simple. Also love chalkboard canvas - looks so cute! Inspiring post! :)

http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com
x

Unknown said...

I love this project because it can be used over and over, rather than be thrown away!

Zia
website

customized gifts for him said...

My online shop provides professional and customized pillow ! include linen cushion covers,french linen cushion covers,vintage cushion covers and other pillow!
linen cushion covers
pillow covers geometric
pillow covers solid
pillow covers vintage

Zumi said...

This is a worth reading article and your insights are impressive.

Cheers!

ideal shirts bangkok
ideal shirts for men bangkok
shirts for men bangkok
Ideal neckties bangkok
ideal cuff links bangkok
cuff links shirts bangkok
ideal shirts thailand
cuff links shirts bangkok
dress for men and women bangkok
cufflinks shirts for sale

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig